Strategy and Data Analytics Lead (Operations) - International Private Bank
Job Type: Full time
Be part of the Operations team, focused on modernising our platform for one of the World’s most innovative Private Banks.
From our offices in Edinburgh, J.P. Morgan’s EMEA Private Bank serves the complex wealth management needs of ultra-high net worth clients in countries across the region. If you are enthusiastic and dedicated to solving problems, with a helpful and collaborative approach in working with stakeholders, we would like to hear from you.
As the Strategy and Data Analytics Lead, you will be part of the Private Banking Operations team, focused on modernising our platform and thus impacting change in our processes and operations that make our businesses work. More specifically, you will be part of the Strategy Analytics team using statistical methods to develop analytics that will inform and support our senior managers, help direct strategy across Private Banking Operations.
- Act as the Strategy and Data Analytics Lead for International Private Bank Operations, developing and delivering this capability across our regions
- Analyse multiple data points to create strategic and operational insights for senior managers
- Monitor trends and develop reporting to make information and insights available in a timely manner.
- Lead by example and be a culture carrier with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders, and be able to lead and support our team
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Significant experience using Python, R or similar technologies to build analytic tools to extract, analyse and identify trends with data
- Undergraduate degree preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Strong inter-personal skills and able to communicate technical informationin a simple manner to senior managers through visualisation and storytelling
- Excellent understanding of statistical concept such as regression, assumption checks (residuals) and non-parametric tests
- Enthusiastic about researching new ways to make use of data and setting up processes and systems to make working with data more efficient
- Intellectually curious with an analytic, quantitative, and critical reasoning skillset
- Highly capable in solving problems with a resilient mindset
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Knowledge and background in financial services
- Experience working in an international environment