Global Custody Asset Services - Asset Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Come join the team that is advancing our Corporate Investment Banking - Asset Services for one of the world’s most innovative banks and build your career in Asset Services that values creativity and excellence.
Global Custody Asset Servicing is responsible for managing all corporate and income related events across all asset classes for collections, announcement capture, corporate actions processing, income processing, proxy and controls, entitlement completion and payment processing, claims management.
As a member of the Operational Readiness team you will play a senior role in strategic implementations for the department, ensuring seamless technology rollouts to minimise risk to the department
- Take full responsibility for adherence to all departmental procedures, policies, checkpoints and controls & Review all manual Controls for Timely Execution and Checks for accuracy
- Review and, where necessary, update existing processes or procedures to minimize risk, improve the operational environment & Understanding of asset servicing lifecycle.
- Manage your individual workload to ensure individual, team and departmental deadlines and objectives are met & Serve as point of contact for internal communication with Middle Office and Client Service.
- Work with Product, Network Management, Sub custodians and vendors to resolve day-to-day issues identified through daily operations and enquiry management. Provide support, guidance and training to share knowledge and strengthen the team to enhance global client experience.
- Performs both routine and non-routine asset servicing transactions and tasks with moderate to advanced complexity by leveraging intermediate to advanced subject matter expertise. This may include diagnosing problems and providing operational or technical resolution within defined and limited autonomy.
- Manage group email boxes and internal enquiry management tools to ensure queries are resolved and responded to within a timeframe and manner sensitive to the urgency of the event, and in accordance with prescribed service levels
- Reconcile positions, payments and process transactions to client’s account & Involves managing customer accounts, processing payments, income, or taxes, and resolving queries across multiple corporate- and income-related events.
Required qualifications, skills and capabilities
- Financial Services background essential, ideally within a Custody or Investment Bank Corporate Actions environment.
- Successful performance in a risk-based environment with a proven track record of risk reduction.
- Results based experience demonstrating strategic and analytical thinking.
- Track record of working in a changing environment with the experience of learning, documenting and implementing new processes efficiently.
- Experience of communicating both oral and written to management, clients and colleagues
Preferred qualifications, skills and capabilities
- Relevant degree education preferred, however, non-degree candidates with a proven track record in a similar role will be considered.
- Experience of testing / delivering Asset Servicing operating systems / platforms preferred (TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) BaNCS experience is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience of team development and management