GL Accountant – Financial Controller – Associate
Job Type: Full time
As a Financial Controller Associate, you will be responsible for the General Ledger month end close process for the Global HR organisation, ensuring the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of the Firm’s books and records in the area of compensation and benefits. Among your main tasks will be General Ledger entries, Balance Sheet reconciliation and substantiation, reporting, performing internal controls, as well as participation in internal and external audit.
The Financial Controller function is primarily focused on ensuring and improving the organisation's credibility through accounting, financial controls, systems and reporting with an emphasis on integrity of General Ledger, operating systems and infrastructure controls across the entire lifecycle of the business. This position is aligned with the HR – Corporate Financial Controllers organisation. You will be accountable for the integrity of financial reporting, internal control environment, and close transaction cycle.
- General Ledger bookings/oversight of monthly GL processes
- Compensation expense analytics and reporting to internal stakeholders
- Functional HR & Payroll Balance Sheet analytics and reporting
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation and Substantiation
- Interaction with key stakeholders: HR teams, Corporate functional teams, LOB Controllers, Finance, Legal Entity Controllers, Tax, external vendors/business partners, internal/external audit groups, and others
- Participation in Control related activities – SOX, Risk & Control Self-Assessment
- Detailed understanding and documentation of all activities.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- 3+ years of relevant experience required in GL accounting/finance-related areas
- Part or fully qualified accountant and strong US GAAP accounting knowledge
- Strong Excel skills, experience with automated financial systems, database management preferred
- Proven ability to work well with various partners and customers
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and financial skills with a track record of execution against deliverables
- Creative self-starter with strong initiative, ability to take ownership and work independently as well as contribute to the broader team.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Ability to multi-task and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Structured mindset with process/continuous improvement orientation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, multi-national language skills preferable, but not required
- Previous payroll accounting experience desirable