Director of Software Engineering
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
As a Director of Software Engineering at JPMorgan Chase, you lead a technical area in AWMand drive impact within teams, technologies, and projects across departments. Utilize your in-depth knowledge of software, applications, technical processes, and product management to drive multiple complex projects and initiatives, while serving as a primary decision maker for your teams and be a driver of innovation and solution delivery.
- Leads technology and process implementations to achieve functional technology objectives
- Accountable for decisions that influence teams’ resources, budget, tactical operations, and the execution and implementation of processes and procedures
- Carries governance accountability for coding decisions, control obligations, and measures of success such as cost of ownership, maintainability, and portfolio operations
- Delivers technical solutions that can be leveraged across multiple businesses and domains
- Influences peer leaders and senior stakeholders across the business, product, and technology teams
- Building technical solutions that can be leveraged across AWM
- Delivers to AWM consumers groups with robust, reusable tooling and application solutions
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience developing or leading cross-functional teams of technologists
- Experience with hiring, developing, and recognizing talent
- Experience leading a product as a Product Owner or Product Manager
- Practical cloud native experience
- Public cloud experience, particularly with analytics technologies e.g. Snowflake.
- Deep knowledge of java and associated frameworks (Spring, Kafka, GraphQL, etc.)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience working at code level
- React – Our core User Interfaces we develop are based on this technology
- Spring/Moneta Boot – for applying modern dev practices