UI Designer (Nutmeg)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
UI Designer (Nutmeg)
We are looking for a talented and experienced Visual Designer with a strong foundation in user experience, interaction design, and visual design. We are looking for someone with experience in financial services, but this is not essential if you have other experience to bring.
This is a great role for an energetic, confident, and bold person with experience in exploring digital propositions and designing engaging products on both web and mobile. This includes information design, interaction, and data visualisation. Someone who can push boundaries and take design risks, supported by research, solid rationale, and a supportive team.
You will need to be a conceptual thinker who can approach a project holistically, looking at the bigger commercial and customer experience view, and questioning to uncover the real opportunity and proposition in each challenge. You will bring your ideas to life through storytelling and turning them into fully designed digital solutions.
- Work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, product designers, technologists and business experts to create new products and services.
- Having a deep understanding of the business drivers behind the product goals.
- Partner with leads and stakeholders to identify visual design directions.
- Understand wider design application including brand, experience and implementation.
- Base decisions on solid visual design principles and customer data.
- Creating and delivering high-quality visual design outcomes like mood boards, concepts, visual UI layouts, components and style guides.
- Deliver visual design outcomes to stakeholders in a timely manner and efficient execution.
- Proactively contribute to Design Systems.
- Working closely with leads to ensure deliverables are consistent with the brand and Design Systems.
- Working closely with other disciplines to understand and provide feedback to design context.
- Providing accurate estimation of tasks and help with prioritization
- Present visual design and communicate work to team members and stakeholders
- Experience in visual design required, experience at client side is beneficial.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a deep understanding of visual design for digital products and services
- Understand the theory and fundamentals of visual design (layout, typography colour, iconography) and how to put them into practice.
- Experience in creating visual design using input from user research, competitor analysis, business requirements and brand.
- Effective communication of visual design solutions across roles & levels
- Awareness and practical understanding of current technologies, and their application and relevance to digital experiences
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills that aid in the presentation of designs and design rationale to team members and stakeholders.
- Ability to follow design guidelines, systems and other best practices as well as production knowledge of the delivery process
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment
- Actively listens, hears and understands what is said and not said, and with nuanced comprehension of meaning and intent
- Develops and sustains effective and cooperative working relationships with peers, managers and other internal or external stakeholders
- Passionate about user centred design. You have experience designing and/or implementing solutions for consumer-focused products/ services. Financial services experience is a plus.
- Flexibility/adaptability (ability to change direction based upon team and stakeholder consensus)
- In depth knowledge and experience using creative tools such as Adobe CC and Figma
- Experience in the Atlassian suite of software (Jira & Confluence) is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field or equivalent professional experience
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, let’s chat!