KDB+ Software Engineer II
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
- Develop innovative software solutions to automate corporate bond & credit derivative trading workflows and provide data intelligence services
- Work within and contribute back to large, cross line of business platforms to advance the scale of the firm’s technology
- Designs, develops, implements, and troubleshoots with consideration of upstream and downstream systems and technical implications
- Creative, quick-thinking, pragmatic, with an aptitude for solving problems and an ability to quickly translate demands into sound technical requirements.
- Applies technical troubleshooting to break down solutions and solve technical problems of basic complexity
- Learns and applies system processes, methodologies, and skills for the development of secure, stable code and systems
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Demonstratable ability to code in one or more languages
- Experience across the whole Software Development Life Cycle
- Curiosity to learn financial markets products.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience in building systems in the Q language
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Knowledge of Credit or similar financial markets products & market structure
You’ve got this!