EMEA Currencies and Emerging Markets Product Controller
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The role entails independent, accurate and timely analysis of daily profit and loss (P&L) and Risk for the EMEA Currencies Exchange Markets (CEM) Local Rates trading desk. As a successful candidate you will have extensive interaction with the Front Office trading desk, Financial Control, Market Risk and wider support functions team and will be required to have strong communication skills, be self-motivated and able to work independently without material supervision. The EMEA CEM Local Rates business trades a wide range of interest rate products such as Bonds, Interest Rate Swaps, Cross Currency Swaps and FX Forwards within EMEA Emerging Markets.
- Daily reviewing and reporting of P&L and Risk
- Validating and understanding daily P&L explains, entailing review of Volcker attributions, first order explains and residual amounts.
- Identifying, designing and implementing new controls and processes around the P&L/Risk production to drive efficiencies and to keep up to date with Global Product Control standards
- Providing daily/weekly/monthly P&L commentaries to senior management, explaining P&L in terms of desk's risk position and economic factors
- Liaising with Financial Control to investigate and remedy MTD P&L breaks against the ledger and review of FX balances
- Partner with the business to drive forth and implement robust controls and new business initiatives
- Drive coordination across various front & back office support functions to ensure resolution of control and reporting issues in an accurate and timely manner
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Work experience within Product Control, Financial Control, Accounting, or related area
- Experience doing P&L and month end close process
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related area
- Solid understanding of financial products would be advantageous
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail including a strong control focus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Team player, with ability to work effectively across diverse functions, locations and businesses
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Proven experience of being a self-starter