Securities Services, Head of Market Risk Analytics – Fusion by J.P. Morgan, Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The investment management industry is undergoing a significant transformation with clients facing monumental challenges around data. Increasingly complex global, multi-asset portfolios require uniform, accurate, and comprehensive data.
Our new Data Solutions business, powered by a diverse global team of data, product and client success experts are dedicated to helping asset managers, pension funds and insurance companies solve their most complex data problems by consolidating and standardizing data so they can use it more effectively.
Fusion by J.P. Morgan, our recently launched data platform, offers the opportunity to play an integral role in the ideation and development of new products and services to a broad range of institutional clients located all over the world. You will join an entrepreneurial and collaborative team that engages with a wide range of data across use cases to develop solutions to real-world problems utilizing the latest cloud technology.
We are seeking a Head of Market Risk to lead formation and delivery of risk analytics services as part of a strategic roadmap for analytical data within Securities Services products & services. You will join the Analytics and Reporting Product Management team, which is responsible for developing the vision and strategic roadmap for analytics products, including the development of tools and processes for the aggregation, generation, standardization and optimization across a diverse variety of analytics in support of Securities Services clients.
Developing solutions with a sharp focus on business benefits, client service, and controls is a key responsibility of this role. You will work closely in partnership with the Fusion Data Management team, third party data vendors, Securities Services clients, Product Development, and various technology teams to execute the strategic roadmap and ensure delivery of projects is successfully completed according to agreed timelines and budget. You will provide business leadership for Technology and Operations and must have the analytical skills to ensure the data quality goals for the program are attained as well as the technical skills to learn/understand the technology infrastructure - how it should be implemented most effectively and staged within the context of business strategy and priorities. Key to your success will be end-to-end ownership and delivery of the products & processes, and the ability to interpret how alternative courses of action impact downstream processes and groups.
This role is ideal for a highly motivated individual with a strong passion for analytics, data, problem solving and domain knowledge as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Form strategic vision for risk analytics and product delivery strategy in collaboration with peer analytics teams
- Author business requirements documents, monitor system development activities and document user acceptance testing plans and scripts for technology implementations
- Document traceability of requirements to business objectives – ensure that all requirements are in support of the business case
- In partnership with technology and operations teams define implementation schedules for product build out, including production deployment and roll-out in alignment with business priorities and ensure product is delivered on time and on budget
- Identify and manage risks/issues, create solutions to address limitations while minimizing time to market and control/operational risk
- Manage dependencies on other product development and technology teams and ensure seamless delivery
- Collaborate with multiple teams such as Performance, Compliance, ESG, Portfolio Insights, Technology, Operations, Implementations, Client Service, and Sales teams on strategic initiatives led by Securities Services and go-to-market strategy
- Develop scalable client service model
- Interact with and communicate to all levels of management and operations
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Multi-asset class market risk domain knowledge, full revaluation, factor models, liquidity risk, and stress testing
- Problem solving skills - demonstrated ability to structure and scope complex problems, apply a range of analytical tools, gain and synthesize insights and develop solutions aligned with strategic goals
- Strong analytics – advanced ability to analyze and interpret results, ability to identify themes, strengths and opportunities
- Strong project management skills and established history of delivering on complex projects
- Adept at global team and stakeholder management at all levels
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently and influence senior stakeholders
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Prior experience with risk models and MSCI highly preferred
- Prior product management experience and success delivering commercial products preferred
- Prior experience in Securities Services business areas or relevant experience at institutional investors or risk vendors preferred