KYC Divisional Lead
Job Type: Full time
Do you have experience setting up strategic roadmaps within a Financial Crime environment ? Are you a subject matter expert in Compliance and KYC Periodic Reviews? If yes, and you are looking for your next career opportunity, this might be the role for you.
As a KYC Divisional Lead within the Financial Crime Department, you will support the build-out of the KYC function and oversee the day-to-day operations of the On-boarding and/or Periodic Review process. You will oversee a team of KYC specialists responsible for on boarding of customers and/or the timely review and competition of periodic reviews of KYC records. You will work with key stakeholders in Compliance, engaging with Corporate KYC Quality Assurance Team and Review Teams to ensure policy adherence and support change. This role will report into the Head of KYC Operations.
- Implement KYC department strategies and establish a comprehensive strategic roadmap along with other divisional leads within the department for all process related functions
- Provide fact-based analysis on key strategic initiatives within the KYC department and drive the day to day process with the team leads.
- Ensure policies and procedures for the department are up to date; work with product and compliance teams to make sure the KYC department is aligned on any ad-hoc updates and oversee KQIs (Key Quality Indicators), KPIs (Key Performance indicators) and KRIs (Key Risk Indicators) that affect the department and create an efficient action plan with the team leaders to deliver the required performance across all facets.
- Oversight of the KYC Periodic Reviews process - ensuring all Periodic Review are reviewed and completed within the define SLA- and of the overall Periodic Review pipeline, ensuring prioritization and timely execution of cases and compliance with regulatory deadlines
- Report to Head of KYC Operations and deputise when/where needed; maintain a globally agreed quality pass rate for their teams engaging with the Quality Control leaders and their direct reports to ensure timely execution and assist with change management for integration of KYC policy, procedures and training material updates for the KYC Team and collaborate with management on training plans and ongoing knowledge sharing to the KYC Team, driven by root cause error analysis and promoting best practice and partner with Senior Management to ensure KPI's are in line with business requirements, monitor metrics reporting, highlight concerns, propose resolution and track progress
- Provide oversight and support to KYC Team Leads in their role by providing clear performance targets, conduct performance reviews and develop clear career and personal development trends
- Provide responses on areas identified by Audit and Regulator reviews in line with requirements stipulated by the Controls Team and execute process improvements and provide Subject Matter Expert support on key process and technology initiatives
Required qualifications, skills and capabilities:
- Relevant experience in the financial services sector
- Previous work experience in any of the following areas or similar: KYC / AML / Compliance / Audit / Regulation / Risk & Controls and knowledge of Retail Products / Client Types
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders, proactively building and maintain relationships across the firm
- Experience in pipeline management with ability to prioritize work, create plans, and manage book of work to meet deadlines
- Leadership experience including team leaders' performance management and coaching
- Excellent analytical and research skills, detail oriented with a quality-focused work ethic with a strong controls mind-set with the ability to deep-dive and investigate issues to reach a successful resolution to applicable parties
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and operate in a changeable environment, being proactive and accountable
Preferred qualifications, skills and capabilities:
- Good understanding of MS office; especially competent with excel reporting
- Knowledge of reporting systems such as Tableau, Looker and other software tools relating to KYC framework
- Strong judgment, problem-solving and analytical skills, including regression, statistical modelling and company valuation