Client Tax Analyst
Job Type: Full time
This is a dynamic function requiring consistent compliance and controls, enhanced response to regulatory and market changes and operational excellence in our business processes and technology.
As a Client Tax Analyst you will be responsible to maximize the client experience and comply with tax regulations globally by facilitating the collection of valid client tax documentation, the application of withholding tax and refunds and the submission of regulatory reporting.
- Validation of tax documents and certificates received in accordance with JPMorgan and market level polices.
- Opening client accounts in JP Morgan tax system in partnership with sub custodian network.
- Setting client trade settlement instructions and monitoring of client asset movements to the appropriate tax rate accounts.
- Lodgement of tax certificates and declarations with sub-custodians and depositories globally to facilitate tax relief.
- Provide status updates supporting market account openings and client fund launches ensuring that regular metrics and milestones are provided.
- Ensure accurate completion of market documentation with market naming conventions, obtain sign-off in line with the JP Morgan & Agent Policy. Arrange for legalisation where required.
- Monitor and maintain changes for a client based on notification of tax changes.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- High degree of accuracy and a good eye for detail
- A flexible and analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Proven skills in customer service.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage deadlines, prioritise tasks & take ownership of deliverables.
- Proven risk awareness & ability to escalate and manage potential risk.
The core hours for this position are 9am-5pm, and there is a requirement for some overtime, weekend working and occasional shift work to meet business deadlines. The group is also expected to cover UK Bank Holidays to provide support for clients in overseas markets. This role requires a minimum of three days in the office, in line with JPMorgan hybrid working policy.