Global Shares UI Developer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
You will ideally be from a technical background (with a strong understanding of the principles of software architecture and UI framework development and use) but also have capable design and creative skills in an enterprise context. This role is positioned across the technical/creative spectrum with the opportunity to shape the role accordingly. With excellent communication, stakeholder management and possibly even customer facing experience and a genuine passion for quality / professional delivery, you will be looking for a new challenge with a company that genuinely recognises and rewards its star performers.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for experienced Frontend Developers, to play a key role in supporting the development and delivery on a range of key strategic products. You will have a broad product background, with demonstrable product development experience in business platforms and ideally some experience of championing user-centred design (UCD) as part of the UI Development team, supporting other Development Teams.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Angular, Typescript as well as experience using styling related tools/frameworks, including SCSS/SASS/LESS.
- Experience with automated testing with Karma and Jasmine or similar. And ability to demonstrable experience and comfort working in an Agile environment.
- Detailed understanding of cross-browser and cross-device issues, including limited support for legacy browsers and track record in providing combined technical/design skills within a multi-skilled product development team.
- Experience with Visual Studio Code and source control (e.g. GIT). Also, experience with RESTful API’s, including Web API and Swagger (OpenAPI) and JQuery is desired.
- Awareness of accessibility standards (WAI-ARIA, screen readers etc) and the importance of accessibility in products.
- Experience sourcing and managing related UI assets (including icons, images, fonts, etc), and experience integrating with OAuth2.
- C# (.NET 3.5/4) experience, ASP.NET MVC 3/4/5, TSQL / SQL Server Knowledge