VP- International Consumer Banking - Model Risk Governance & Review Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a statistical and machine learning specialist, you will be a member of the Model Risk Governance & Review (MRGR) group supporting International Consumer Banking (ICB) and will be based in London. You will focus on the following activities:
- Replicate the model in python, PySpark, SAS, or other language suitable for Data Science
- Engage in model validation activities - evaluate conceptual soundness, reasonableness of assumptions, reliability of inputs, completeness of testing, correctness of implementation, associated with development & use of the model.
- Evaluate the risk posed by statistical/ML models, and suggest ways to mitigate such risks
- Liaise with various stakeholders including: Model Developers & Users, MRGR colleagues, UK Compliance, UK Legal, Control teams, Internal Audit. Support and contribute to liaising with Bank Regulators
- Maintain model risk controls for the ICB models & serve as first point of contact, help identify and escalate issues to ensure that their resolutions are sound and timely.
- Manage accuracy of Model inventory, ongoing model performance monitoring, model change control, and participate in discussions with regulators on model risk.
- Participate and actively contribute to the life and activities of MRGR ICB and MRGR more generally
Required qualification, capabilities and skills
We are looking for someone excited to join our organization. If you meet the requirements below, you are encouraged to apply to be considered for this role.
- Strong quantitative & analytical skills: The role requires a strong quantitative background (PhD /Master Degree or equivalent) in Statistics, Economics (with Econometrics), Data Science, Computer Science, Operations Research, or a quantitative science, etc. Prefer candidates with knowledge of both statistic/econometric methodologies and Machine Learning modeling methodologies.
- Programming Skills: Knowledge of at least one programming language such as Python, SAS, R, etc.
- Product domain expertise in: consumer banking/retail banking; ability to understand the business / knowledge of regulation surrounding business)
- Extensive Experience and familiarity in Model Development or Model Validation in Financial institutions.
- Strong communication skills – Verbal and Written, ability to interface with stakeholders on model-related issues.
- Risk and control mindset: Ask incisive questions, assess materiality of issues and escalate as required
Preferred qualification, capabilities and skills
The following additional items will be considered but are not required for this role
- Sound project management /organizational skills: flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities to achieve the most effective result and able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- Ability to work in a team that spans multiple time zones