UK Collections & Recoveries Associate – Credit Risk Requirements & Oversight
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As the UK Collections & Recoveries Associate in our Credit Strategy team, you will spend every day defining, refining and overseeing the execution of Collections & Recoveries credit risk mandates, including requirements for allocation of forbearance options., and exposure management strategies to meet the needs of the launch of our first Chase borrow product in the UK, with work continuing at pace thereafter, as the portfolio grows and with new products, features and customer segments being launched. You will leverage your experience of Collections strategy, operations and regulations, alongside a strong oversight and monitoring mindset, to make informed decisions and risk assessment recommendations intended for the management of credit risk. If you are intellectually curious and have a passion for driving financial assistance solutions for a new digital bank with a cross functional team that is pushing customer experience boundaries, you may be the perfect fit for our team.
- Design, maintain and ensure ongoing management of credit risk collections and recoveries policies and related strategies, processes and controls.
- Ensure 1LOD adherence to collections and recoveries policies and requirements, including the implementation, execution and fulfilment of collections exposure management strategies, mandates and processes.
- Provide subject matter expertise on financial assistance and collections requirements, processes, strategies, systems and controls.
- Plan and execute range of 1LOD oversight activities, such as in-cycle testing, exception reporting, individual case reviews, customer outcome reviews, thematic reviews, that target focus areas across collections and recoveries; as well as any ad hoc reviews related to customer profile changes and significant external events
- Prepare comprehensive reviews to drive a shared understanding across business stakeholders on any collections or recoveries related oversight activity, including issue(s) identification, inherent risk rating assessment of the issue(s), issue findings action plan. and monitoring and oversight of issue remediation
- Actively distribute credit risk collections oversight reviews as required to the Credit Risk Oversight Forum and Risk Committees, as required.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- A collections and recoveries professional within the banking or consumer credit sector, with a deep understanding of collections and recoveries strategies, processes and related analytics
- Deep understanding of UK consumer debt collections landscape and related regulatory expectations.
- Knowledge of collections outsourcing models – first party, third party collections, agency management, debt sale etc.
- Advanced PC Skills, Word, Powerpoint, and Excel (graphs, charts, formulas etc.)
- Evidence of initiative, driving results, teamwork and collaboration
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Experience of how to perform data extraction, manipulation and analysis in a programming language is a plus (such as SQL, Python)
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills to clearly present analytical findings, issues and make business recommendations
- Able to work effectively in agile environments, delivering value whilst managing and adapting quickly to fast paced change