Privacy and Data Risk Compliance – Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the center of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. You help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks and using your expert judgement to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, customers and communities. Our culture in Risk Management and Compliance is all about thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo and striving to be best-in-class.
The Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risk (CCOR) Program sets forth JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s (JPMC’s) second line of defense coverage of compliance, conduct, and operational risk. CCOR establishes policies and standards that set forth the requirements for the Lines of Business (LOBs) and Corporate Functions (CFs) and enables oversight and independent assessment over compliance, conduct, and operational risks inherent within the firm’s activities.
As part of CCOR, Global Data Risk Management (GDRM) is responsible for independently, holistically, and proactively identifying, assessing, and managing compliance and operational risks related to Privacy and data risk in our businesses as a second line of defense. This includes the Data Privacy and Protection regulations, across the globe where JPMC has a business presence. The Privacy and Data Risk Compliance role is responsible for the management, analysis, support and oversight of compliance with GDPR and related Privacy laws and regulations across the EMEA region.
The Compliance Risk team within GDRM is responsible for providing advisory support and helping the LOBs and CFs in managing the Compliance Risks associated with Data Risk regulations, including Privacy. The role will require knowledge of Data Management, Data Privacy and Protection regulations, understanding of the financial services and products, along with an ability to build strong relationships.
- Provide Compliance advice to the LOBs/CFs in matters relating to Data Storage, Data Privacy and Protection
- Advice on Data Storage requirements, including localization, classification, de-identification, and data safeguarding aspects
- Liaise with LOB/CF partners in 1st and 2nd line on Privacy risk and control initiatives (e.g., Risk Identification, Compliance Risk Assessment, and implementation of CORE)
- Lead training, communication, and awareness efforts for Data Risk aspects including Privacy and Protection
- Attend and provide oversight to key Governance forums such as the Data Storage and Localization Forums to guide on Data Storage, Privacy and Data Protection requirements
- Act as point of expertise for Compliance Risk, advising business partners and other functional groups on emerging and key risk trends, risk events and issues
- Develop, maintain, and review Compliance Policies, Standards and Procedures, that support Data Storage, Privacy and Protection regulations
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated experience related to financial services, risk management, Privacy Compliance or Privacy Legal
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Strong, clear, and concise written and verbal communication with ability to edit and prepare executive level communications
- Excellent organizational, project management skills and ability to manage competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong partnerships
- High degree of initiative, self-direction
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skill
- Experience in European Privacy law and Regulation
- International Association of Privacy Professionals qualifications and training Programmes are an advantage