Lead User Experience Designer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Product Designer (VP)
We are part of the team that launched Chase as a new UK bank in 2021, and are now starting on a new initiative with big ambitions. More details will be provided during the interview but for now we can enthusiastically say: It’s challenging, it’s high stakes, it’s fun!
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing products that put the customer at the centre. We have created a new organisation with diverse professionals that come from a wide set of skills, backgrounds and experiences, including B2B and B2C businesses. We want people that are exceptional at what they do.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on an exciting new venture for the firm. Your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our customers and our business partners around the world.
We are looking for a deeply engaged product designer to join us. In this role, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers, user researchers, product and engineers creating products and services for our customers.
This role requires an extensive understanding of experience design for digital products and services with a focus on B2B. A balanced understanding of strategy, user research, and visual design is a must.
We love working with each other, and we need personal connections and in-person bonding. We find we are happier, more motivated and more productive this way.
Currently, our team is still small - meaning you’ll be able to have a huge impact on the overall direction and shape the future together with our customers, users, team members.
- Work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, product designers, technologists and business experts to create new customer-focused products and services
- Supporting and partnering with teams to direct discovery work
- Lead and advise on how to run discovery, design and delivery research through the facilitation of workshops, design sprints and ideation sessions
- Advocate and provide guidance on how to use customer insights and data to inform the user experience
- Have a clear understanding of the business drivers behind product goals
- Creating, delivering and supporting other designers delivering high-quality design outcomes like concepts, user journeys, wireframes, UI flows and detailed UI design
- Work with the design system team to represent customer and business needs
- Present and communicate work and recommendations to the wider organisation
- Manage stakeholders and proactively solve issues affecting design quality
- Collaborate and provide direction to design team members and other stakeholders to identify new opportunities for a design or feature vision that creates value for our customers
- Support and mentor junior designers
- Support best practices and methodologies to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Uphold design consistency and excellence of design deliverables
- Be an advocate for the customer and foster a shared understanding of customer centric design in the organisation
- Strong hands on experience in roles such as Senior or Lead product/ UX designer, across multiple devices and platforms (experience with B2B applications preferred)
- Strong portfolio of design work/case studies demonstrating your principles, methodologies, and approaches
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs
- Effective communication of journeys and solutions across roles & levels
- Ability to communicate intended experiences to product and developers
- Awareness and practical understanding of current technologies and their application and relevance to digital experiences
- Proven understanding of B2B design
- Experience using a test & iterate approach through usability studies, and collaborating on early UX research methods
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to actively listen, hear and understand what is said and not said, and with nuanced comprehension of meaning and intent
- Comfortable developing and sustaining effective and cooperative working relationships with peers, managers and other internal or external stakeholders
- Ability to influence others and provide thought leadership on user centred design.
- Flexibility / adaptability (ability to change direction based upon team and stakeholder consensus)
- Expert knowledge of modern design systems, prototyping software and design tools (we use Figma)
- Prototyping skills across a variety of mediums and needs: on paper, in Principle, and other digital methods
- A passion for helping create an environment where people can do their best work
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, let’s chat!
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
The Digital team is dedicated to creating innovative, industry-leading products and experiences that help customers access, share and control their financial data so they can make smart decisions with their money. Teams enable innovation while adhering to the firm’s data sharing principles of security, customer control and convenience, and privacy.