Securities Services – Cash Payments Product Manager - Vice President – London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Securities Services, a division of J.P. Morgan’s Corporate Investment Bank, is a global industry leader with over $30 trillion in assets under custody. J.P. Morgan provides innovative custody, fund accounting and administration services to the world's largest institutional investors, alternative asset managers and debt and equity issuers. J.P. Morgan's Securities Services business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services investments around the world.
The Securities Service business manages over $150bn of cash liability balances related to assets under custody. Within the Securities Services Cash & FX Product team, you will be part of a team responsible for Cash products and solutions in support of client business globally. You will work with the global Cash & Liquidity teams on requirements for cash management and payment activity across J.P. Morgan’s agent network and in partnership with colleagues across J.P. Morgan including, Treasury, Wholesale Payments, and Operations.
As part of the Cash Product team, you will be responsible for solutioning the full suite of Core Cash products (payments, receipts, reporting, deposit center footprint) and support securities activity predominantly within our Custody franchise for our clients. In addition to this, you will be responsible for supporting the funding strategy for Securities Services business, helping ensure that the securities settlement, asset servicing and payments activity for Securities Services clients globally is efficient and seamlessly funded, minimising funding costs whilst driving improvements in currency capabilities and maximising the window for clients to instruct transactions. As the legal entity strategy for J.P. Morgan in Europe evolves, this role will be responsible to help shape the funding landscape in the short, medium, and long term. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a complex, challenging and changing environment at one of the world’s leading custodians.
Based in London, the Cash Product Manager will be responsible for supporting product definition and financial performance of Cash capabilities, within Securities Services.
- Develop a robust understanding of the Securities Services client base and market dynamics - competition, regulatory changes, emerging client requirements and product needs
- Support implementation of strategic programs to deliver cash management capabilities for Securities Services clients, including ISO20022
- Identify opportunities to improve the cash product offering and enhance client experience, including expanding (where possible) core cash services expansions
- Act as the escalation point for product related questions within the region and ensure suitable resolution and management of issues.
- Drive coordination with the Wholesale Payments division of CIB, which is responsible for cash management and cash payments infrastructure for the firm, including all investments and development efforts related to that infrastructure
- Support Ad-hoc research and resolution of daily issues, data requests, reporting requirements, as well as regulatory requests
- Work with the global product teams to create a consistent model (where applicable/possible)
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- The successful candidate will have worked in financial services (ideally in a Securities Services, Treasury Services or Treasury environment) for a minimum of 5 years in a Product Management, Product Development, Operations, or Technology role.
- Knowledge of cross border payments and clearing infrastructures, bank funding processes, Product, Risk and Business Management disciplines.
- Analytical skills in terms of process and operating model re-engineering and understanding client needs related to Cash
- Proficiency in full suite of Microsoft Office products and ideally Alteryx and/or Tableau
- Be able to research the anticipated needs of clients; through a combination of "own" research as well as coordination across key partners
- Be keen to understand the competitive landscape; understanding the features and functions of competitor offerings
- Strong time management, project management, organizational and planning skills with the ability to perform perform in a high pressure, team environment, working across time zones and geographies
- Strong communication and influence management skills, ability to articulate complex ideas and analytics in a succinct way