Lead Software Engineer - Payments Technology
Job Type: Full time
We have an opportunity to impact your career and provide an adventure where you can push the limits of what's possible.
As a Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase within CIB Payments Technology, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices.
As a core technical contributor, you are responsible for conducting critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
- Executes creative software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Develops secure high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Identifies opportunities to eliminate or automate remediation of recurring issues to improve overall operational stability of software applications and systems
- Leads evaluation sessions with external vendors, startups, and internal teams to drive outcomes-oriented probing of architectural designs, technical credentials, and applicability for use within existing systems and information architecture
- Leads communities of practice across Software Engineering to drive awareness and use of new and leading-edge technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
- Hands-on knowledge of AWS-cloud / Azure / Google/PCF cloud technologies would be an advantage.
- Strong understanding of Microservice architectures, Rest Services and Cloud native applications
- Experience of working with Oracle/Cassandra/SQL-Server/MariaDB/Redshift/Athena would be handy.
- Experience of working on high data volume processing applications (batch and/or real-time)
- Proficiency in automation and continuous delivery methods
- Proficient in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Demonstrated proficiency in software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
- Practical cloud native experience
- BS/B-Tech/BE degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture