2024 Applied Research: Blockchain & Cryptography Summer Associate Program
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JP Morgan Chase’s research technology strategy and direction is oriented through investigation and research of emerging technologies, such as Quantum Computing, Human Machine Interfaces, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Computer Vision, Blockchain, and IoT. Our team is seeking passionate technologists and thought leaders to perform applied research and development of novel solutions in these fields. As a key member of the global tech. limited team, you will work closely with internal project teams, senior management, and external communities alike to advance these research focus areas in a way that is beneficial to the technical teams in the company. You will cultivate investigations into these areas, produce research and prototype solutions in collaboration with the internal project teams, and contribute to the firm’s intellectual property.
What to Expect
As a summer associate, your role will begin in June 2024, depending on your academic schedule. Your professional growth and development will be supported throughout the internship program via project work related to your academic and professional interests, mentorship, interaction with senior stakeholders and more. Our area of focus include blockchain, decentralized learning, and decentralized systems, privacy, cryptography and post quantum cryptography algorithms and applications, quantum circuits, Post Quantum Cryptography. Full-time employment offers may be extended upon successful completion of the program.
We are looking for innovative problem-solvers, with a passion for turning scientific research into applications with business value. The focus of your role will be to:
- Advance the field of blockchain and privacy.
- Novel research solutions to problems faced by internal project teams.
- Spin off research with software development for applications.
- Contribute to JPMC’s IP by pursuing necessary protections of generated IP
- 2+ years of experience in quantitative research or similar background in software development
- Excellent knowledge of OO and Python programming, and/or Rust, C++ is advantage.
- Blockchain, and Cryptography research background are advantage
- Experience in Decentralized AI, differential privacy, and federated learning is an advantage.
- Experience in scientific technical writing, as well as grant applications or research proposals
- Working knowledge of common research evaluation frameworks and techniques
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills and demonstrated research ability
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present findings to a non-technical audience
- Enrolled in a master’s or Ph.D. degree program in math, science, engineering, computer science or related fields.
- No prior experience in financial markets is required.
We will review summer internship applications as they are received and extend offers on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage that you apply early as programs will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.