Associate Lending Advisor - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a dynamic, diverse team within the UK market of J.P. Morgan’s EMEA Private Banking business. We are actively looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are collaborative, confident and motivated to provide a first-class experience to clients. If you have an entrepreneurial mind-set and are looking to constantly challenge yourself, J.P. Morgan is the place for you. You will be working alongside a team of talented colleagues from other markets, businesses and functions to provide you with the opportunity to take your career to the next level.
- Supporting senior Lending Advisors offering the full range of credit solutions from mortgages through to art, hedge fund lending and funds finance
- Working across a complex private client base including private equity and hedge fund individuals, entrepreneurs and private equity firms
- Assisting on the structure and negotiation of funds finance loans to private equity firms
- Credit lifecycle management: the candidate will own the full credit lifecycle, from obtaining financial disclosure, working with underwriters, managing the credit approval process, preparing documentation, right through to loan execution and drawdown, and post-closing checks
- Attending meetings and partnering with Advisors on pre- and post-meeting actions
- Conduct loan pricing and return on equity analysis for Advisors
- Preparing presentations and management information analysis
- Oversee collateral monitoring and management and communicating margins to clients and internal stakeholders limits
The Associate will support Advisors to oversee private client and private equity institutional relationships by providing thoughtful solutions based on each client’s objectives. You will become comfortable in understanding the role of credit in optimising clients’ balance sheets, understand J.P. Morgan’s suite of credit solutions and how they can best be utilised to achieve client goals, and will learn to act as the client’s trusted adviser on a range of matters. The Associate will act as a liaison between Advisors and support functions to assist on execution of various processes, including credit analysis and modelling, risk management, credit reviews, covenant monitoring, liaising with external counsel and drafting execution documents.
Through collaborative work across Client Advisor teams and various solution specialists, the Associate will be in an environment to learn and demonstrate understanding in banking, investments, wealth planning concepts whilst adhering to all risk and control policies, regulatory guidelines and security measures.
Candidates must demonstrate an interest and knowledge in financial markets, as well as possess excellent analytical, organisational, attention-to-detail, communication, leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills. Initiative, enthusiasm and confidence to complete projects are also a must. This role would suit someone who is looking for an entry level position or has some experience in financial markets.
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
- Proactive self-starter, able to work both independently and as a team-player
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organization skills
- Comfortable working under pressure and meeting a range of competing deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and team-player
- Exceptional follow-up and follow-through skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint