Asset Manager - Associate
Job Type: Full time
Complex custody roles are responsible for reviewing and clearing aged payables for clients and market counter parties. Team is also responsible for reviewing dormant accounts across global and domestic custody and propose remediation and align abandoned properties as a result of these research to appropriate internal account and ensure custody balance sheet is substantiated accordingly.
As and Asset Manager - Associate in Asset team you will interact with various teams across JP Morgan to provide excellent asset servicing experience.
- Review and propose clearance for dormant accounts and aged payables for exited clients and counterparts
- Identify and manage abandoned property exceptions, researching each item and proposing solutions for stakeholder review to clear the exceptions from the Custody balance sheet.
- Reconcile and Substantiate abandoned property balances with custody balance sheet each month.
- Support global middle office client facing teams with inquiry management and serve as escalation point for Abandoned Property items.
- Partner with core Operations, Network Management, Legal, Compliance and global Middle Office teams to address control and service delivery issues.
- Understanding the control environment and ensuring daily checks are completed
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Full lifecycle Asset Servicing product & process knowledge.
- Good balance between analytical skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to face off to very demanding stakeholders, managing their expectations
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to develop relationships across the various stakeholders including senior business executives
- Motivated and able to deliver with minimal supervision, whilst working effectively in a team
- Couple years of Voluntary Corporate Actions experience & or other Global Custody experience
- Strong understanding of Equity and Fixed Income markets
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Technical understanding of complex corporate actions
- Logical/problem solving mind set is key for identifying and remediating the risk associated with corporate actions
- Ability to influence others across departments and drive procedural and control improvements across Global Custody
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills