Platform Sales - Proposal Writer, EMEA - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for talented writers with experience in proposal management and in crafting compelling bid responses. The Sales Enablement group is part of the global Platform Sales organization and has the core objective to help the firm win business by building the best sales collateral in the shortest amount of time. We ultimately report to the head of Platform Sales in New York.
The Sales Enablement Group is part of the Platform Sales organization. The group contributes to the Platform Sales result by the creation and production of sales collateral (proposals & pitchbooks), the management & delivery of (information) assets to the selling organization and the design of marketing assets. In doing so, the group works in close partnership with subject matter experts from areas including sales, relationship management, marketing, client service, segment, product management, operations and pricing. The group consists of about 50 people organized functionally across four teams - Proposals, Presentations, Design, & Knowledge Management; and geographically across five countries - United States, United Kingdom, India, Philippines and Hong Kong.
The group’s core objective is to help the firm win business…by building the best sales collateral, in the shortest amount of time, with the smallest time involved from Sales, Product and other subject matter experts.
In this role you will be responsible for actively project managing, creating and delivering best in class proposal documents. In addition, improve knowledge content so it can be utilized in future opportunities.
Reporting to the Regional Team Leader, you will be responsible for the development and creation of customized, compelling and persuasive proposals for prospective and existing clients’ in-region.
You will work with senior management, sales, client management and subject matter experts to collaborate in the writing and customizing of proposals. In this role you will utilize and contribute to a centrally managed database of component material whereby metrics and narrative are captured and leveraged globally, develop an understanding of the proposed solution, and incorporate bid strategy, organizational positioning and supporting messages and benefits into the proposals.
- Create best in class proposals for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region as a main focus and other regions as and when required.
- Collaborate with senior management and sales staff to ensure that proposals meet client/prospect requirements and reflect bid strategy
- Project manage proposals and relationship documents, utilizing excellent written communication. Review and analyze proposal needs, to determine key project requirements and construct tailored materials which correspond to the client’s needs
- Leverage all information from multiple stakeholders and synthesize it into a presentable, professional, and competitive proposal aligned with firm branding. Also subsequently help to update central knowledge base as responses are created, developed and enhanced
- Build and maintain relationships with internal clients over a widespread geographic region, understand cultural nuances, including language requirements
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Relevant experience with proposals, sales support background, presentations and/or business writing/communications or marketing
- Solid background in writing sales documents, understanding importance of key messages or USP (unique selling points)
- Demonstrate understanding of securities services industry and products
- Experience / understanding of regional cultural nuances (such as language or cultural considerations)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, can engage and influence partners and stakeholders
- Advanced degree or post-graduate diploma, preferred but not required
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, required
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Knowledge and experience with SalesForce and Qvidian preferred
- Strong project management skills and stakeholder management with the ability to manage tight schedules
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and build relationship with team members across the globe on various tasks and special projects