Java Software Engineer III
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a Java Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase within the Cash Account Management & Intraday Liquidity team, within CAP Technology, you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
The Cash Account Platform (CAP) is a firm-wide, strategic initiative to enhance the risk management, oversight, control and reporting related to JP Morgan’s intraday liquidity. In support of this the platform provides real-time dashboards for senior executives which visualize Cash, Credit, and Collateral balances & activity at the Firmwide, Line of Business and Institutional Client level. It is also responsible for the firm’s cash forecast and funding functions, in conjunction with the nostro account reference data system. The Bournemouth development team is one of several global Agile teams contributing to the active development of the suite of applications – with emphasis in the business areas pertaining to Cash Management. From a technical perspective there is a strong push to progress our architecture further into the Cloud.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems
- Gathers, analyzes, synthesizes, and develops visualizations and reporting from large, diverse data sets in service of continuous improvement of software applications and systems
- Contributes to software engineering communities of practice and events that explore new and emerging technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
- Proactively identifies hidden problems and patterns in data and uses these insights to drive improvements to coding hygiene and system architecture
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Proficient in coding in one or more languages
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Demonstrated knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience with Java 8 and above
- Experience with DevOps including Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) tools e.g. Jenkins, Sonar
- Exposure to cloud technologies