Java Full Stack Software Engineer III
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
As a Java Full Stack Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase within the Validation As A Service team, you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Execute software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Create secure and high-quality production code
- Produce architecture, design artifacts and documentation for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development
- Collaborate closely with partner teams around the world, product owners and others to ensure the reliable and smooth delivery of features to defined time lines through the agile process
- Proactively support production environments in close partnership with users and SRE teams
- Contribute to software engineering communities of practice and events that explore new and emerging technologies
- Add to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and expertise in technology disciplines
- A proven track record delivering as part of a successful technology team
- Extensive hands-on programming/application development experience with Java eco-system and associated tooling (e.g. Core or EE, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Cloud);
- Accomplished in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle and techniques e.g. Agile, CI/CD, TDD, etc.
- A passion for software quality and automation
- Experience with modern technologies and techniques such as API first design, SQL and noSQL storage, automation, etc.
- A strong sense of curiosity
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Practical experience delivering applications on public cloud platforms, AWS is desirable
- Hands on programming experience with React or Angular (or other Java script frameworks)