Manager of Software Engineering
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
This is your chance to change the path of your career and guide your team to success at one of the world's leading financial institutions.
As a Manager of Software Engineering at JPMorgan Chase within Asset Wealth Management (AWM), AWM Tech & Ops team, you will lead your team and manage day-to-day implementation activities by identifying and escalating issues and ensuring your team’s work adheres to compliance standards, business requirements, and tactical best practices.
- Combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology
- Provides guidance to immediate team of software engineers on daily tasks and activities
- Sets the overall guidance and expectations for team output, practices, and collaboration
- Anticipates dependencies with other teams to deliver products and applications in line with business requirements
- Manages stakeholder relationships and the team’s work in accordance with compliance standards, service level agreements, and business requirements
- Creates a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect for the team members and prioritizes diverse representation
- Develop high performing, dynamic, team and help them minimise impediments to development progress
- Manage the resources in the scrum teams under your control – hire and work with assigned Agile Team Leads, as well as conducting reviews
- With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming, you will lead by example within your team, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements.
- Understand the legacy system being decommissioned, develop the new platform to facilitate the transition as well as providing support for both legacy and strategic platform with end users.
- Drive significant business impact through your capabilities and contributions, and apply deep technical expertise and problem-solving methodologies to tackle a diverse array of challenges that span multiple technologies and applications
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience leading technology projects
- Experience managing technologists
- Proficient in automation and continuous delivery methods
- Proficient in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Advanced understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and expertise in technology disciplines
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Deep knowledge and expertise in Java programming with experience in Spring and SpringBoot.
- Strong relational database and SQL proficiency including stored procedures
- Unit Testing, Mocking, Performance Testing (e.g. Junit, Mokito, Blazemeter)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Practical cloud native experience
- Familiarity with front-end technologies
- Monitoring Tools (e.g. Splunk, Dynatrace, Grafana, etc)
- Knowledge of modern architectures based on micro-services, REST APIs and event-based architecture