Lead DevOps Engineer- Nutmeg
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Who we are:
Nutmeg is the UK’s largest truly digital wealth manager, offering clarity and transparency to both seasoned and first-time investors as they seek to achieve their financial goals. Launched in September 2012, Nutmeg now manages over £4.5bn on behalf of over 200,000 clients who have sought the powerful combination of an easy-to-use, adaptable investment service and market-leading human advice. Nutmeg is a J.P. Morgan company offering investments and digital wealth management services to consumers, complementing Chase’s digital bank in the UK.
At a time when people are seeking the closer relationship with money that technology can provide, Nutmeg:
- Has a team of over 240 employees
- Offers award winning stocks and shares ISA, Junior ISAs and Lifetime ISAs, as well as a personal pensions and general investment accounts
- Provides financial planning and advice alongside our award winning client services team
Job in a nutshell:
We are in the process of expanding our core platform team to build out our award-winning web and investment management platform.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for looking after the heart of what makes Nutmeg the company it is. You’ll be heavily involved with all our technical infrastructure, from designing, monitoring and metrics through to building infrastructure and CI/CD tools.
Our team run a cutting-edge AWS-based environment and want to stay at the forefront of technical innovation. We need people who are passionate about technology, who understand that testing and quality is the responsibility of the entire tech team and are equipped to take the lead by writing brilliant code and simply getting stuff done at a fast pace.
We believe in autonomy and giving people the opportunity to come up with new ideas to help us drive the business forward. We feel that the best engineers (and the ones we want to work with) are self-starters and who can work well as part of a larger team and who can build enthusiasm and empower the team with their ideas, making sure their goals work for everyone (not just focusing on current or short-term goals).
What are we looking for?
- Proven track record of building and managing continual automation / deployment / delivery environments
- Proficiency running infrastructure on cloud platforms, such as AWS and GCP, appreciation for their failure modes, and a good understanding of network concepts and fundamentals
- Expertise in managing and maintaining Kubernetes clusters in production
- Excellent systems and database experience, with an understanding of the challenges involved in designing and building distributed/microservice environments
- Strong coding skills
- Passionate about observability
- Security conscious – understanding of best practices and implementation and ability to leverage applications such as Vault
- Somebody who has a passion for modern scalable technology like Kafka, Prometheus, Terraform, Docker and service meshes
- A willingness to learn new things and experiment with new technologies
- A passion for metrics and data-driven decision making