Senior Lead Architect
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
If you are excited about shaping the future of technology and driving significant business impact in financial services, we are looking for people just like you. Join our team and help us develop game-changing, high-quality solutions.
As a Senior Lead Architect within Infrastructure Platforms (IP) at JPMorgan Chase, you are an integral part of a team that works to develop high-quality architecture solutions for various software applications and platforms products. You drive significant business impact and help shape the target state architecture through your capabilities in multiple architecture domains.
- Provides feedback and proposes improvements to architecture governance practices
- Guides evaluation of current technology and leads evaluation of new technologies using existing standards and frameworks
- Regularly provides technical guidance and direction to support the business and its technical teams, contractors, and vendors
- Drives decisions that influence product design, application functionality, and technical operations and processes
- Serves as a function-wide subject matter expert in one or more areas of focus
- Actively contributes to the engineering community as an advocate of firmwide frameworks, tools, and practices of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Influences peers and project decision-makers to consider the use and application of leading-edge technologies
- Applies deep technical infrastructure architecture knowledge and problem-solving methodologies to projects/initiatives of moderate complexity
- Provides solutions and executes projects end-to-end to ensure high quality, innovative, and functional design
- Identifies opportunities to eliminate or automate remediation of recurring issues to improve overall operational stability of software applications and systems
- Leads evaluation sessions with external vendors, start-ups, and internal teams to drive outcomes-oriented probing of architectural designs, technical credentials, and applicability for use within existing systems and information
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and advanced applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Advanced in one or more programming language(s), applications, and architecture
- Advanced knowledge of software architecture, applications, and technical processes with considerable in-depth knowledge in one or more technical disciplines (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of modern architecture constructs such as service orientated architectures(SOA), domain modelling (UML) and APIs (Swagger, OpenAPI)
- Ability to tackle design and functionality problems independently with little to no oversight
- Practical experience on design and delivery of cloud native and API driven applications, services and platforms.
- Ability to evaluate current and emerging technologies to select or recommend the best solutions for the future state architecture
- Ability to analyse current state infrastructure and make recommendations for best solutions for the future state architecture with a customer first mindset.
- Ability to understand the needs of the customer and reflect that through the infrastructure by providing feedback to leaders
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Hands on experience designing simplified enterprise infrastructure architecture for large organizations in a multi-cloud environment.
- Experience in process re-engineering efforts, complex project delivery, organisational change best practices.
- Proficiency in some of the below technologies:
- Cloud technologies (VMware, AWS, Azure, Google) and Containers
- Automation frameworks (Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, SCCM)
- Operating Systems (Linux / Windows)
- Security ( Identity and Access Management)
- Web & Application Servers (Apache / IIS / Tomcat)
- Database (SQL / NoSQL)
- Messaging (Kafka / Kinesis / MQ)
- Monitoring (Prometheus, OEM, Open Metrics)
- Networking (TCP/IP, Software Defined Network)