Retail Investments Lawyer - Assistant General Counsel - Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is expanding Chase UK, its new UK digital bank. Chase UK offer consumers a completely new banking choice. Using the Chase brand, the bank provide products and features tailored to meet the needs of customers in the U.K., delivered via an innovative mobile app.
Our team is at the heart of the expansion of Chase UK, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center:
- managing actual and potential litigation and enforcement matters, including internal reviews and investigations related to such matters
- advising on products and services, including contract negotiation and documentation
- advising on offering and marketing documents and new business initiatives
- managing dispute resolution
- interpreting existing laws, rules and regulations, and advising on changes thereto
- advising on advocacy in connection with contemplated and proposed laws, rules and regulations, and
- providing advice to the business and functions.
We are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused specialists, used to working in an agile environment who want to be a part of building something new from the ground up within a diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on new exciting ventures for the firm. Your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
- Product development and client advisory with respect to retail products, most specifically investment products.
- Advisory on matters relating to the custody of assets and complex client money matters.
- Drafting client documentation, including general T&Cs, marketing materials, investment management terms & conditions, etc.
- Contributing to the oversight of the contents and execution of documents, including communications with respect to complaints, disputes, litigation, etc.
- Liaising with outside counsel
- Interpreting existing laws, rules and regulations, and advising on changes thereto as well as advising on contemplated and proposed laws, rules and regulations
- Senior management interactions
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Solicitor of England & Wales, experienced with UK retail products, especially UK investment products, UK deposit products, and UK custody products.
- UK Retail regulatory knowledge, including with respect to the FCA Consumer Duty, MiFID 2, PRIIPs, CSDR, FTR, MAR, UK financial promotion regime and SFTR.
- Experience with providing legal advice with respect to UK retail client matters, including with respect to complaints, FOS complaints, disputes, POAs, bereavement cases, etc.
- Experience with FCA Handbook Rules including the Client Assets (CASS) and client money sourcebook.
- Experience with UK retail projects, including with respect to regulatory change management programs and integrations projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and a team player who can collaborate with the Business and operations groups
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally at all levels
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Familiarity with all other retail laws and regulations, including PSRs, DPA/GDPR, credit, etc.