Accounting and Control Manager
Job Type: Full time
This role gives an unique possibility to work at the intersection of business and technology.
As Accounting and Control Manager within Trade and Working Capital Operations Team you'll interact with colleagues in various locations and functions within Global Trade and respective Technology teams; with the objective to drive improvements to the reconciliation infra-structure. You will need to influence partners to drive change, plus manage and deploy your own team effectively, to produce reductions in break levels, improvements in timeliness of break clearance, leading to an overall reduction in financial risk.
- Managing day to day activities through a team of 5 individuals who specialise in managing exceptions.
- Developing and attracting new talent to the team.
- Leading regional and global governance calls with functional partners to ensure correct ownership, awareness and accountability.
- Raising technology requirements to improve the reconciliation infrastructure and driving these changes to completion with technology partners.
- Building the correct communication and governance structure to keep global ops management informed on the status of reconciliations, number of breaks and any risk areas.
- Rationalising and fine tuning the Management Information produced by the team to ensure fit for purpose.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Background in Accounting / Finance or Product control.
- People management experience with record of building and developing high performing teams.
- Knowledge of business processes and strong data analytics, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage functional partners and influence change across the broader organisation.
- Clear communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively, explain and challenge.
- A risk mindset, with ability to identify, communicate, prioritise and reduce risk in the environment.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Payment experience
- Trade Finance product experience
- Experience of Nostro / cash reconciliation and governance.
- Experience with SharePoint, Excel, Alteryx and Tableau.