Transact AWS Software Engineer III
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a Transact AWS Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase within corporate and investment bank team, you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives. The Global Liquidity & Account Shared Services (GLASS) team is a key function within CIB Banking Technology and is responsible for the cash accounts for the international region (Demand Deposit Accounting), Global Liquidity and associated middleware, the teams are based in Bournemouth, London, Tampa, NY Metro, Chicago, Singapore, Mumbai and Bangalore.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems
- Produces architecture and design artifacts for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development
- Gathers, analyzes, synthesizes, and develops visualizations and reporting from large, diverse data sets in service of continuous improvement of software applications and systems
- Proactively identifies hidden problems and patterns in data and uses these insights to drive improvements to coding hygiene and system architecture
- Work with the product managers to map detailed technical requirements to key firm strategic business goals for both short term and longer-term roadmaps.
- Work with the product managers on prioritization, blocker management, and escalation.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- In-depth knowledge of the Temenos T24 Banking Application or similar products essential, focusing on; Interest, Tax, Swift Payments, Accounting, Reporting, Sweeps and Close of Business processing.
- Hands on work experience in recent version of Transact i.e. R21+
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Proficient in coding in one or more languages
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Demonstrated knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Exposure to cloud technologies - Solid understanding on containerization, Docker and Kubernetes
- Good understanding on transact Architecture and work experience of implementing transact in AWS.