Markets Front Office Legal & Regulatory Change Management - Senior Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
If you are interested in understanding the breadth and depth of regulation affecting the Markets businesses in EMEA, passionate about conducting analysis of new regulatory requirements, and enjoy driving change, this role is for you.
As an Associate in the EMEA Legal & Regulatory Change Management team in Markets Front Office Business Controls (1LOD), you’ll be part of a global group supporting our market-leading Sales, Trading and Research businesses.
You will be responsible for managing the full lifecycle of regulatory change events, from horizon scanning, through impact assessment, to making sure that the implementation of any business changes necessary to be compliant has been completed. Applying a rigorous and consistent process, you’ll work closely with colleagues across the first and second lines of defence to help protect our businesses from the risk associated with regulatory change.
The Legal & Regulatory Change Management team is closely aligned to the Global Office of Legal Obligations (OLO), which is responsible for documenting our material legal and regulatory obligations and mapping these through to processes, policies & procedures. This role may also be required to support the OLO team from time to time.
- Mitigate the operational risk associated with regulatory change, by applying a rigorous and consistent process to the end-to-end management of change.
- Support the early identification and initial assessment of material regulatory change events.
- Execute the requirements of the firm’s Legal & Regulatory Change Management programme, including impact assessment, gap analysis & operational readiness assessments.
- Support and monitor the implementation & documentation of business changes necessary to demonstrate adherence.
- Collaborate with different stakeholders including business representatives, Legal, Compliance, Regulatory Affairs, Government Relations, Finance, Operations etc.
- Help develop the regulatory change framework to further enhance the governance and oversight over Markets front-office business.
- Support the Markets Business Controls Office of Legal Obligations team from time to time.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- A level of familiarity with, and interest in, Markets (Sales, Trading, Research) products and businesses.
- Basic knowledge of the EMEA regulatory landscape including key regulators and regulations.
- Comfortable with and adept at reading and interpreting legal and regulatory texts as a layperson (note: formal legal qualifications are not required).
- Strong personal and organisational management skills, ability to work under pressure and maintain a high quality of output.
- Strong business analytical skills to enable efficient, accurate and objective decision making.
- Detail oriented, with a disciplined approach to process and quality control.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities , and skills
- Experience in business controls, operational risk, business management, Compliance, Legal, Audit or similar function collaborating with Markets Sales / Trading businesses
- Good project management skills and ability to instill structure, process and accountability to meet delivery targets whilst maintaining quality standards