Lead Software Engineer – AWS Managed Service
Job Type: Full time
We have an opportunity to impact your career and provide an adventure where you can push the limits of what's possible.
As a Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As a core technical contributor, you are responsible for conducting critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
Having joined the AWS CockroachDB product team in Global Technology Infrastructure, you will work within a cross-functional group that takes end-to-end responsibility for the AWS CockroachDB product at the firm while also supporting our on premise offering where required. You will be responsible for engineering scalable, resilient, secure and supportable CockroachDB services across public and private cloud providers.
- Executes creative software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- You will engineer enhancements that traverse a diverse software stack from:
- Being a culture carrier for modern development practices and agile principles including disciplined refinement and story splitting, pair programming, test driven development, and clean code.
- Being a culture carrier for an inclusive and collaborative team-based development model that experiments and learns from setbacks.
- Automating Infrastructure-as-code, using Terraform
- Automating the installation, upgrade, scaling and management of a large and rapidly growing estate of CockroachDB clusters
- Develop a custom platform control plane, CRDs and operators and more that provide a secure platform
- Design and develop complex features, such as hybrid cloud clusters
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages, ideally including one of Go, Python, React, Java,
- Experience working with modern private & public cloud infrastructure platforms - AWS EC2/EKS/ECS, and AWS serverless components such as Lambda, SQS, SNS
- Terraform, Salt Stack, and other automation tools
- Passionate about learning new skills and technologies
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience in AWS Architecture design & implementation
- Experience of Infrastructure as Code
- Experience of orchestration tools such as Salt Stack or Ansible
- Experience with CockroachDB