ICB Technology CORE Governance SA
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $3.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
International Consumer Banking (ICB):
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is expanding its business and is investing in innovative ways to attract customers, deepen engagement and drive increased satisfaction through delightful interactions with digital products and experiences. Our team is at the heart of driving this transformation, focused on developing innovative offerings that put the customer at the center. We believe that engaging, relevant and contextual content is at the heart of personalized customer experiences. We're also committed to designing content for reuse in a way that's measurable and consistent.
We are seeking candidates who want to be part of building digital products and services across the globe in a start-up atmosphere, backed by one of the leading financial services providers worldwide. Join us from select areas around the globe in the continued growth of our business.
Culture is important to us, and we are looking for intellectually curious, honest, passionate, and hungry individuals who are motivated to use and expand their skills, while working on a new and exciting venture. ICB's unwavering commitment to attract, train, develop, and retain the best talent is on constant display within its highly visible Control Management organization.
Control Management maintains a strong and consistent control environment through a joint accountability model that aligns managers with each line of business, function, and region to mitigate operational risk. The team focuses on five areas: Risk Identification & Assessment, Control Design & Evaluation, Issue Management, Regulatory Change, and Control Governance & Reporting.
The CORE Governance team is primarily responsible for oversight and governance of the ICB’s CORE framework. The team works across the sub-lines of business to establish strategic guidance and executional direction to drive consistency and adherence to the Standards. This position executes on the strategic initiatives being driven from both our ICB Control Management function, as well as from multiple internal and external control organizations across the firm.
This role will work very closely with the ICB CORE Lead for managing the overall CORE governance and execution for ICBs Technology Controls. The role will support the ICB Technology Control Managers/ISMs to execute the CORE Program in accordance with the CORE Standards, the Firmwide CORE Procedures, any guidance provided by the Central CORE Team, and the oversight from CORE Lead. The individual will be a key player in ensuring that ICB Technology Controls team adheres with the CORE requirements as the organisation continues to evolve. The successful candidate will need to:
- Assist the Technology Controls team through the continued implementation of the Firmwide Operational Risk Framework with a focus on data quality to provide ongoing monitoring of the program
- Partner effectively with colleagues across the firm, business, operations management, legal, compliance, risk, audit, and technology control functions to drive consistent approach toward issue management
- Participate in projects and requests from stakeholders; support internal meetings by providing status updates, ensure key deliverables are met effectively and on time
- Ensure synergies and conflicts are recognized and addressed for holistic solutions
- Identify opportunities to streamline or create efficiencies in the Control Program Framework
- Extract, analyze and manipulate data from various sources using Microsoft Excel
- Produce PowerPoint presentations, analysis and supporting materials for key internal clients and management
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent preferred
- Risk & Controls experience - 3-5 years of experience in financial services industry with background in controls, audit, operational risk management, or compliance required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required and data analytics preferred
- Communication/presentation - excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence business leaders in a meaningful and actionable manner
- Problem solving / Analytical skills - solid critical thinking, attention to detail and analytical skills; able to synthesize large amounts of data and formulate appropriate conclusions
- Implementation skills - Change Management
- Networking – exceptional interpersonal skills; exceptional collaboration and relationship building skills
- Work autonomously to affect change - flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; manages competing priorities to achieve the most effective result and able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- Decision Making/Judgement - moderate level of independent decision-making using sound judgement