Database Developer - Software Engineer III
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a Database Developer - Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase within Corporate Technology (FRDC), you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
The Asset and Wealth Management Risk Technology group works closely with quantitative specialists to produce refined data for global risk reporting groups to consume. The metrics that we produce are used by our portfolio management and risk management teams to track portfolio risk relative to benchmarks and external funds. Risk alerts on outsized risks and anomalies are raised by the system, after which they are reviewed and acted upon. Our system is used to monitor and report on risk both internally and to regulators. The information we produce is reviewed by the highest levels of management at the firm.
The Glasgow team has a potential to become a hub for excellence, so it is an exciting time to join. The team will be involved in developing and re-architecting legacy systems using cutting-edge technologies and driving the business into the Big Data era.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems
- Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks using a Test Driven Development approach
- Produces architecture and design artifacts for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development
- Gathers, analyzes, synthesizes, and develops visualizations and reporting from large, diverse data sets in service of continuous improvement of software applications and systems
- Proactively identifies hidden problems and patterns in data and uses these insights to drive improvements to coding hygiene and system architecture
- Contributes to software engineering communities of practice and events that explore new and emerging technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
- Participate in regular standups and code reviews
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience on database and PL/SQL programming.
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Working knowledge of AWS technologies, Terraform, Unix.
- Experience with Databricks, Cloudera Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, HBase, Hive
- Experience in resolving the data processing performance issues through improvements.
- Experience in projects with large data volumes, batch processing.
- Proficient in coding in one or more languages
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security, Jules, Jenkins, Git/Stash
- Demonstrated knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Experience with Java Microservices
- Experience in No-SQL databases
- Experience with Python Programming
- Experience with Informatica