Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are not your standard bank, we are an innovation hub. We are part of the team that launched Chase as a new UK bank in 2021, and are now starting on a new initiative with big ambitions. More details will be provided during the interview but for now we can enthusiastically say: It’s challenging, it’s high stakes, it’s fun!
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture. We have created a new organisation with diverse professionals that come from a wide set of skills, backgrounds and experiences, including top tech giants, blockchain innovators and FinTech unicorns.
Team members have autonomy to collaborate and work in a cross-functional way. We value your opinion in every matter. Our inclusive culture is hugely important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, compassionate people who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. We are about bringing new products to market that solve real-world problems for real-life customers, not just innovation for the sake of innovation. We are human first; we love working with each other, and we need personal connections and in-person bonding. We find we are happier, more motivated and more productive this way. If this sounds like something that you would like to be a part of we’d encourage you to read on and apply.
This is a hands-on role for a Design Lead who wants to be part of flat-structure organization and influence the design & development of a green-field initiative. As a part of delivering end-to-end cutting-edge solutions in the form of cloud-native microservices architecture applications leveraging the latest technologies and the best industry practices. You’ll be working with product teams responsible for delivering products across Europe & USA.
- Have a clear understanding of the business drivers behind the product goals
- Use customers insights and data to inform the user experience
- Build out a design team with requisite skills to scale with increasing business requirements
- Work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team of designers, technologists and business experts to create new customer-focused products and services.
- Create and deliver high-quality design outcomes like concepts, user journeys, wireframes, UI flows and detailed UI design
- Create interactive prototypes and participate in usability research to iterate and refine your designs
- Collaborate with design team members and other stakeholders to identify new opportunities and design that creates value for our customers
- Proactively contribute to design systems and other design toolkits, ensure deliverables are consistent with the design systems
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams in delivering the final product
- Estimate and plan own work and help with prioritisation
- Present design and communicate work to team members and stakeholders
Your product development and management skills and experience should include
- Experience with UX and UI responsibilities across multiple devices and platforms in mobile & web customer-focused applications
- Strong portfolio demonstrating UX processes, such as process flows, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, user research, usability testing, and other deliverables
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs and data
- Effective communication of design solutions across roles & levels
- Awareness and practical understanding of current technologies, and their application and relevance to digital experiences
- Proven understanding of mobile application design and screen development
- Expert knowledge in the iOS and Android platforms is a plus
- Prototyping skills across a variety of mediums and needs: on paper, in Principle, and other digital methods
- Proficiency with modern design systems, prototyping software and design tools (we use Figma)
- Experience in the Atlassian suite of software (Jira & Confluence) is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience
Your soft skills should include
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, shape inclusive and growth oriented culture and adapt to evolving stages of the business
- Ability for independent decision-making as well as taking direction and work as a part of a team
- Ability to work in a dynamic, agile environment within a geographically distributed team
- Curious, versatile and solution oriented