Cloud Migration / Platform Modernization Software Engineer III
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
Within CIB Markets Technology, the Credit PF Tech Engineering and Architecture team are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work within the high priority strategic Cloud Migration and Platform Modernization programs. Your mission is to be part of an agile team of innovators and technologists focused towards creating next-level solutions improving the way the business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help teams raise their game, meeting standards, as well as satisfying both business and non-functional requirements like security, stability, and scalability. Your expertise in various technology domains will help set the strategic direction, solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally.
- Responsible for the execution of strategic data center migration programs in multiple regions so the firm’s critical business functions execute successfully on virtualized compute and cloud.
- Work in close partnership with business functionality focused Software Engineers to ensure new functionality is developed in a way that accelerates cloud migration and/or platform modernization.
- Produces architecture and design artifacts for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems
- Contributes to software engineering communities of practice and events that explore new and emerging technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience designing, developing, or maintaining production-grade cloud solutions in Cloud ecosystems both private on-premise Cloud and public Cloud such as Amazon Web Services, as well as knowledge of Container and Orchestration software like Docker, Kubernetes. AWS Certified (Architect, SysOps, DevOps) and/or Certified Kubernetes App Developer / Administrator will be beneficial.
- Proficient in coding in Python
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and formal applied experience
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of technology resources, including developers, business analysts, project managers, support teams, ECN vendors and senior management.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-pressure delivery environment
- Must be capable to proactively drive own workload, with minimal management oversight
- Knowledge of Fixed Income business and applications