2024 AI & Data Science Associate Program – Off-Cycle Internship (London)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
2024 AI & Data Science Associate Program – Off -Cycle Internship Internship (London)
Delivering excellence at the intersection of data science, research and industry expertise, our AI and Data Science teams go beyond where any bank has gone before. We ask the questions and find the answers to create solutions and technology that help to solve the world's most pressing financial problems, and improve and protect our customer and client experiences every day. Whether you’re working with artificial intelligence, blockchain technology, big data, machine learning or robotics, our entrepreneurial team environment challenges you to push the limits of your expertise in the pursuit of impactful and commercial real world applications.
What to expect
Our Off-Cycle Associate Internship Program begins in Spring, Summer or Autumn, depending on your academic schedule. Your professional growth and development will be supported throughout the internship program via project work related to your academic and professional interests, mentorship, engaging speaker series with senior leaders and more. Full-time employment offers may be extended upon successful completion of the program.
Our AI and Data Science teams work closely together, whether exploring cutting-edge research in partnership with leading academic institutions, applying the latest Machine Learning techniques to J.P. Morgan’s unique data assets, or collaborating directly with traders and salespeople to drive the data-led transformation of our businesses.
Our areas of focus include Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Natural Language Processing, Speech/Voice Analytics, Time Series, Computer Vision, Cryptography, Explainability and Interpretability, and Ethics and Fairness of AI.
We are looking for innovative problem-solvers with a passion for developing complex solutions that support our global business.
Key qualifications include:
- Enrolled in a Ph.D. or 2 year Master’s degree program in math, science, engineering, computer science or other quantitative fields with an expected graduation date of January 2024 – Summer 2025
- Knowledge of machine learning / data science theory, techniques and tools
- Knowledge and proficiency in Python
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills and demonstrated research ability
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present findings to a non-technical audience
- No prior experience in financial markets required
* If you are pursuing a 4+1 or 1-year Master’s program, we encourage you to apply for the Data Science Summer Analyst program.
Desirable skills include:
- Experience with modern machine learning tools such as PyTorch and XGBoost
- Experience with data tools such as Hadoop, PySpark and SQL
- Experience with Java, C++, C#, Rust an additional bonus
- Knowledge in Reinforcement, Meta, or Transfer learning
26 November, 2023
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.
We will review internship applications as they are received and extend offers on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage that you apply early as programs will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
Visit jpmorganchase.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.
©2022 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran