Corporate & Investment Bank - Control Management - Program - Associate
Job Type: Full time
If you are an ambitious, organised individual with an eye for detail and always looking for the next process enhancement, apply here.
The Corporate & Investment Bank Control Management organization is responsible for defining and overseeing the CIB control environment, in partnership with the business. With a key emphasis on ensuring the end-to-end control framework supports robust governance and systems that identify, quantify, manage, and monitor risk at the appropriate level and implements risk management tools and procedures in consultation with the relevant partners.
The role will involve regular interaction with senior management across the firmwide controls organization and partnering with LOB, Functional & Regional Control Managers, Risk, and Compliance stakeholders.
- Supporting operational risk framework transformation and optimization led Program activities
- Providing operational risk framework advice to the CIB Controls organization
- Develop strong partnerships, proactively build and maintain relationships across the firm
- Identify and execute framework or tooling improvements and provide subject matter expertise on key process and technology initiatives
- Creating plans which will guide a consistent performance approach across all functions in line with team accountabilities
- Running a book of work; own and project manage key deliverables, working to tight deadlines and leading / supporting multiple initiatives from initiation to conclusion
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who takes ownership
- Good organisational skills - manages & prioritises multiple tasks and strong focus on delivering quality
- Investigative mindset, able to see issues at both a high-level and in detail, and understand applicability across the business
- Strong analytical, problem solving & process re-engineering skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Good judgment, maturity and poise to identify risks and escalate where required
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Knowledge of operational risk and control management would be beneficial
- Project management experience in executing and managing multiple deliverables
- Confident communicating with and influencing stakeholders where appropriate
- Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills