Global Shares - DevOps Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our newly acquired business, Global Shares (a J.P. Morgan Company). The Global Shares Transaction was announced on March 15, 2022. Founded in 2005, Global Shares is a leading cloud-based provider of share plan management software. Global Shares’ employee ownership solutions cover the entire company lifecycle, and caters to corporates worldwide. Global Shares has an expansive client base of over 600 corporate clients that range from early-stage start-ups to mature multinational public corporations. The firm has nearly $200 billion in assets under administration across 650,000 corporate employee participants. It operates with an experienced team of more than 600 employees headquartered in Cork, Ireland and 16 further locations globally.
Design and deliver market-leading technology products in a secure and scalable way as a seasoned member of an agile team.
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your DevOps engineering career to the next level.
As a DevOps Engineer at JPMorgan Chase, you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Build and release both infrastructure and product solution across multiple geo regions using Azure cloud services at scale through automation
- Ensuring infrastructure and product solutions are deployed with scalability and reliability as key design requirements
- Work with System Engineers, Developers, Architects to design and implement automated solutions with CD Pipelines for infrastructure and software build, deployment, and configuration
- Implementing monitoring solutions using Grafana, GrayLog, Prometheus etc
- Build and maintain tools, scripts, and processes that make our developers and testers more efficient
- Maintaining and securing the infrastructure which supports production systems along with internal testing platforms.
- Provide support and troubleshooting on production systems including diagnosing and resolving post deployment issues, patching servers, implementing automated server hardening policies, investing / resolving and downtime incidents.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- 4+ years’ experience in a DevOps or technical role in an agile fast paced environment.
- Experience in one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure or GCP ) is a must.
- Experience delivering Infrastructure as Code using tools such as terraform, chef, puppet, ansible
- Experience in deploying and managing container based services using Docker and Kubernetes
- Proficient in a scripting language Python, Bash PowerShell, YAML etc, Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Monitoring (Grafana, InfluxDB, Prometheus, New Relic, Pingdom), Databases (MSSQL Server)
- CI (Jenkins), Automated QC (SonarQube), Logging (ElasticSearch, GrayLog)