UI/UX Lead Software Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We have an opportunity to impact your career and provide an adventure where you can push the limits of what's possible.
As a Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase Corporate Technology - Control, Compliance & Regulatory, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As a core technical contributor, you are responsible for conducting critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, product designers, technologists and business experts to create new products aligned with the business goal
- Engage with clients to proactively identify areas of improving user experience. Perform analysis and synthesis to propose design solutions.
- Executes creative software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Identifies opportunities to eliminate or automate remediation of recurring issues to improve overall operational efficiency
- Leads communities of practice across Software Engineering to drive awareness and use of new and leading-edge technologies
- Mentor and guide junior UI/UX developers in an agile work environment.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Developing user-facing experiences with Python, Java, React, TypeScript and experience working with UX/UI and Visual Design teams
- Experience with user orchestration/workflow/case management techniques
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Advanced in one or more programming language(s)
- Proficiency in automation and continuous delivery methods
- Proficient in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Advanced understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Demonstrated proficiency in software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of the financial services industry and their IT systems
- Great communication and presentation skills
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience with Citizen Development and Business Intelligence, Visualization and Reporting Tools
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Exposure to cloud technologies
- Demonstrated understanding of agile methodologies
- Ideal candidate has a passion for business products and influencing the business tech space with innovative ideas and creative thinking