Highbridge - Fund Servicing Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
In this role you will be an Associate for our Highbridge Capital Management Treasury and Operations group. This team is responsible for managing all aspects of Highbridge’s trade management, treasury, corporate action, data management and operational controls and processes. As a key member of the group, this person will work closely with our investment team and partner with other groups within Highbridge including fund controllers, risk management and technology.
- Reconciliations - review and monitor daily cash and position reconciliations
- Data Management – creation and maintenance of security set ups spanning all asset classes and engaging trading desk and risk management teams providing oversight to ensure data propagates downstream to all applications for reporting and investment screening
- Complex Corporate Actions – work hand-in-hand with traders, portfolio managers and research analysts to manage the execution of complex corporate actions (refinancings, exchanges, acquisitions, etc) among our portfolio companies, arranging third-party documentation required, communicating with our counterparties to ensure timely settlement and engage Controllers internally on p&l recognition of such events.
- Proxy Voting – work with investment team to support the proxy process for all asset classes
- Trade Capture - support the daily trade capture and P&L validation process
- Stock Loan – support liaison between counterparties and trading desk to secure stock borrows intraday as risk hedges and negotiate rates to minimize p&l drag
- Credit Facility Management – ongoing monitoring of various counterparties, preparation of reporting and borrowing base oversight / Trade settlements – liaise with prime brokers and counterparties to arrange settlement of executed trades / Cash and Collateral Management including FX exposure monitoring
Required Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills
- Extensive experience with a hedge fund, financial institution or administrator
- Buy side experience, preferably within a multi-strategy or credit fund
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: will need to demonstrate a strong ability to communicate with internal team members and third parties including counterparties. High intellectual aptitude; ability to develop a deep understanding of complex investment products
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to set, organize and meet priorities
- Entrepreneurial, energetic and dedicated personality, able to work effectively within a high-performance, global team.
- Highly motivated self-starter with an appetite for knowledge
Highbridge Capital Management, LLC, is a global alternative asset management firm founded in 1992. Since its inception, the company has developed a diversified investment platform that includes hedge funds, traditional investment management products, and committed, closed-end vehicles with longer-term holding periods. Highbridge is a differentiated, credit and volatility focused franchise with the flexibility to invest opportunistically across the capital structure and liquidity spectrum. The Firm currently manages $4 billion+ of capital and seeks to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns for some of the world’s most prominent institutional investors, public and corporate pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments, foundations and family offices. The firm is based in New York with an office in London.