Senior Technical Writer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are not your standard bank, we are an innovation hub. We are part of the team that launched Chase as a new UK bank in 2021, and are now starting on a new initiative with big ambitions. More details will be provided during the interview but for now we can enthusiastically say: It’s challenging, it’s high stakes, it’s fun!
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture. We have created a new organisation with diverse professionals that come from a wide set of skills, backgrounds and experiences, including top tech giants, blockchain innovators and FinTech unicorns.
Team members have autonomy to collaborate and work in a cross-functional way. We value your opinion in every matter. Our inclusive culture is hugely important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, compassionate people who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. We are about bringing new products to market that solve real-world problems for real-life customers, not just innovation for the sake of innovation. We are human first; we love working with each other, and we need personal connections and in-person bonding. We find we are happier, more motivated
and more productive this way. If this sounds like something that you would like to be a part of we’d encourage you to read on and apply.
What you’ll do
As the Technical Writer - Integration Experience you are responsible for developing comprehensive high-quality documentation and content that will enable our customers to obtain maximum value from our products and services.
- Create and curate documentation of our products, including conceptual overviews, task-based guides, API definitions, and tutorials.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering across various teams to gain deep understanding of the products and services we offer, and translate complex technical information into simple, accurate, engaging content that adapts to various audiences.
- Research, create, and maintain documentation templates that adhere to organizational and legal standards.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with consistent tone of voice across all documentation.
- Push forward new ideas on how to create, deliver, author, and interact with technical content.
What do we expect
You love to make hard things easy to understand. You are curious and eager to learn. You are experienced and eager to teach. You are creative and collaborative.You are comfortable with a certain level of ambiguity. You have high confidence and a low ego.
- High level of autonomy and accountability. Culture-heavy, process-light.
- Superb written communication skills, with strong attention to detail and quality.
- Proven experience as an effective technical writer, able to communicate technical concepts clearly and precisely.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand complex subject matters and to describe them in clear, simple language.
- Experience documenting consumer facing APIs/SDKs
- Experience in writing documentation (ideally docs as code), manuals, guides and tutorials for various audiences
- Proven experience working closely with Design, Product and Engineering to define content structure and creating visuals and diagrams for technical support content.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience in fintech is beneficial but not mandatory
We’d also like you to have a few key personal skills. Every organisation has its own culture, and we want you to be successful in ours.
- A desire to teach others and share knowledge. We aren’t looking for hero developers, more for team players. We want you to coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns
- Comfortable in uncharted waters. We are building something new. Things change quickly. We need you to learn technologies and patterns quickly
- Ability to see the long term. We don’t want you to sacrifice the future for the present. We want you to choose technologies and approaches based on the end goals.
- High standards. We are looking for people who expect personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best
- Clarity of thought. We operate quickly and efficiently, and we value people who are economical with their time and clear with their opinions
- Comfortable working within a geographically distributed team
Technologies we use
- We primarily use JVM based languages (Java/Kotlin) but we also have parts of the platform that use other languages as needed (Go, Python, etc.)
- We look to use Open source/SaaS when it makes sense and build ourselves when it doesn't
- We are entirely cloud native and want to build a truly multi-cloud solution
- We look at each problem independently and pick the right technology to solve it
- We aren’t afraid to try new things but we always remember that we are looking to build something to last, and we focus on solving real world problems for real life customers