Lead Software Engineer - Payments Technology
Job Type: Full time
We have an opportunity to impact your career and provide an adventure where you can push the limits of what's possible.
As a Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase within the CIB Payments Technology team, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading framework and shared services products in a secure, stable, and scalable way.
As a core technical contributor and leader, you are responsible for conducting critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Executes creative software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Develops secure high-quality production framework code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Identifies opportunities to eliminate or automate remediation of recurring issues to improve overall operational stability of software applications and systems
- Leads evaluation sessions with external vendors, startups, and internal teams to drive outcomes-oriented probing of architectural designs, technical credentials, and applicability for use within existing systems and information architecture
- Leads communities of practice across Software Engineering to drive awareness and use of new and leading-edge technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Deep understanding of high-volume transactional processing systems and the design patterns for managing high volume, resiliency and scalability
- Member of enterprise application development team requiring experience, teamwork, mentorship and collaboration.
- Extensive Java experience, including applying TDD/BDD concepts to framework development
- Extensive Spring Framework experience
- DBs inc Cassandra, DynamoDB and relational
- Messaging systems, Kafka, MQ and SQS
- Proficiency in automation, continuous delivery methods and all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle using agile methods
- Practical cloud native experience, Kubernetes and AWS a bonus
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- In-depth knowledge of the financial services industry and their IT systems
- Practical cloud native experience, Kubernetes and AWS