Agility Champion - Data Management
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Our Strategy & Partnerships team in Data Management focuses on continuous improvement across 250 Engineering and Product roles globally.
As an Agility Champion within the Data Management team at JP Morgan Chase, you are an integral part of a wider team that works to deliver and continuously improve on delivery time to market, meeting customer needs, satisfaction and value add within the team. This includes managing and recommending agile process improvement, for teams and products, and reporting to senior executives.
- Report directly into the Chief of Staff and partner with Product Owners and Engineering Directors across Data Management to maintain and execute governance processes, metrics and measurements aimed at creating a consistent operating model and driving efficiency and quality across the organization
- Act as a servant leader for Data Management Agile teams by facilitating clear communication to Management and to Product Teams. Agile Champions are open, approachable, collaborative, and enjoy working with passionate people. They're proactive in solving problems to help their team(s) succeed. The Agile Champion influences Agile and Lean frameworks that result in quality product delivery and continuous improvement. They embrace agility as a practice.
- The Agile Champion will review, assess, and monitor the health of the portfolio across Data Management in order to identify opportunity for improvements around scaling Agile and product management, as well as assisting the leaders and teams in maturing their product vision, planning, and delivery.
- This role will be accountable for partnering with the Data Management product leaders to develop a strategy to set and achieve the Agile and product educational goal for their respective products.
- Focus on Portfolio level deliverables across a number of Product Lines, and Agile Teams, in order to provide transparency and improvement across the grou
Required capabilities, skills, and qualifications
- In depth knowledge of Jira and Jira Align tooling
- Expertise with Agile, Scrum and Kanban and its application in Product Development and Delivery
- Executive coaching experience, and ability to coach multiple teams across the product
- Experience developing shared internal training and learning materials that apply the principles of Lean, Agile, and product transformation
- Ability to leverage skills from coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution, and more to serve the team(s)
- Personal pursuit of continuous learning in your own journey, and instill the same in the team(s) you coach
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving ability
- Able to influence across virtual teams and disparate stakeholder groups
- Assertive (yet diplomatic) personality with the ability to lead, influence and motivate others
Preferred capabilities, skills and qualifications
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology strategies as well as experience within financial services
- Ability to leverage capabilities across the firm to solve local problems
- Ability to collaborate and influence with people at various levels, coach and mentor
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience