Control Management Legal Entity Risk Assessor - Associate
Job Type: Full time
CIB Control Management Legal Entity Risk Assessor - Associate
You are a great team-player, enthusiastic about driving process improvement and interested in working in a dynamic and collaborative environment, participating in key initiatives. This would be the right team for you.
The Legal Entity Risk Assessment (LERA) is the review of the list of Processes, Risks, Controls, and Issues applicable to a legal entity in Control and Operational Risk Evaluation tool (CORE). The Location Control Managers (LCMs) (in collaboration with Line of Business / Corporate Function Control Managers covering the LE) review this list with the LE specific view. The LCMs validate the applicability and relevance of the firmwide CORE assessment and the LE association to ensure the result is a reasonable reflection of the LE operational risk and control environment. The review is performed with consideration of the following components: Location / LE regulatory environment, Location / LE governance areas of focus, Location / LE business / function priorities, Internal / External risks events identified.
Based in Bournemouth, you'll be part of the Legal Entity Risk Assessment team which is present in Bournemouth & Warsaw and is part of EMEA Regional Control Management group. You will have key responsibilities for performing complex data and business analysis supporting the creation of the annual LERA creation supporting the location control managers (LCMs) in EMEA. If you are intellectually curious and you have a zeal to deliver solutions across organizational boundaries, you may be a wonderful fit for our team.
- Collate required data from a variety of sources
- Coordination of the LERA cycle including communication with all key stakeholders
- Overseeing each stage of the LERA, partnering with team members to track progress and actions required
- Complex data analysis to prepare metrics and dashboards views for the risk assessment
- Establish strong relationships with the risk assessors in the lines of business and Corporate Functions teams in order to develop a deep understanding of the business profile of the legal entities that we are assessing as well as how the risk and control environment impacts the risk assessment of the legal entity
- Coordination of the CCOR check and challenge process including coordination with relevant line of business and Corporate Function control managers as well as Compliance and ORM challengers
- Driving and participating in the development and improvement of strategic initiatives
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Strong team player with excellent partnering and influencing skill who is able to partner closely with peers who share the responsibility for data analysis and assessments across EMEA
- Able to perform under pressurised situations
- Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who takes ownership and able to make constructive observations and recommendations
- Excellent organizational skills - manages & prioritizes multiple tasks and high focus on quality
- Investigative mind-set, able to see issues at both a high-level and in detail, and understand applicability across the business
- Strong analytical, problem solving & process re-engineering skills, good judgment, maturity, and poise to identify risks and escalate where required
- Excel, PowerPoint, and Analytical tools such as Alteryx / Tableau skills preferable
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, confident with communicating with and influencing stakeholders where appropriate
Preferred qualifications, capabilities , and skills
- Previous experience in Control and Operational Risk Evaluation (CORE) / Controls or Operations would be beneficial