UX/UI Software Engineer III
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As UI/UX Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase within the Corporate Technology - Control, Compliance & Regulatory, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As a core technical contributor, you are responsible for conducting critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
As part of this role, you'll be a driving force behind UX Engineering, Design, and Research of new applications to be built within this space.
- Collaborate with Engineers and Architects as part of a squad to deliver incredible visual products to the business areas around this space.
- Engage with the business to shape and refine their questions, driving the frontend portion of diverse projects, and seizing the chance to work with and learn from your talented colleagues in CITO.
- Executes standard software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting
- Writes secure and high-quality code using the syntax of at least one programming language with limited guidance
- Designs, develops, codes, and troubleshoots with consideration of upstream and downstream systems and technical implications
- Applies knowledge of tools within the Software Development Life Cycle toolchain to improve the value realized by automation and demonstrates strong technical troubleshooting to break down solutions and solve technical problems of basic complexity
- Gathers, analyzes, and draws conclusions from large, diverse data sets to identify problems and contribute to decision-making in service of secure, stable application development
- Learns and applies system processes, methodologies, and skills for the development of secure, stable code and systems
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- A drive and know-how to design, code and deliver powerful visual experiences through data.
- You have strong HTML5 and CSS experience.
- You have extensive D3.js experience, along with its abstractions, or a comparable data visualisation library, and you can demonstrate this experience with a portfolio.
- You have a talent and passion for visual design of products - you advocate for simplicity, can judge and remedy composition problems, and achieve satisfaction from pixel-perfection when it's demanded.
- Demonstratable ability to code in one or more languages
- Experience across the whole Software Development Life Cycle
- Exposure to agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Emerging knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Exposure to cloud technologies