Site Reliability Engineer- III
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
There’s nothing more exciting than being at the center of a rapidly growing field in technology and applying your skillsets to drive innovation and modernize the world's most complex and mission-critical systems.
As a Site Reliability Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase within the [insert LOB or sub LOB], you will solve complex and broad business problems with simple and straightforward solutions. Through code and cloud infrastructure, you will configure, maintain, monitor, and optimize applications and their associated infrastructure to independently decompose and iteratively improve on existing solutions. You are a significant contributor to your team by sharing your knowledge of end-to-end operations, availability, reliability, and scalability of your application or platform.
- Guides and assists others in the areas of building appropriate level designs and gaining consensus from peers where appropriate
- Collaborates with other software engineers and teams to design and implement deployment approaches using automated continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Collaborates with other software engineers and teams to design, develop, test, and implement availability, reliability, scalability, and solutions in their applications
- Implements infrastructure, configuration, and network as code for the applications and platforms in your remit
- Collaborates with technical experts, key stakeholders, and team members to resolve complex problems
- Understands service level indicators and utilizes service level objectives to proactively resolve issues before they impact customers
- Supports the adoption of site reliability engineering best practices within your team.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on site reliability engineering concepts and 5+ years applied experience
- Proficient in site reliability culture and principles and familiarity with how to implement site reliability within an application or platform
- Proficient in at least one programming language such as Python, Java/Spring Boot.
- Proficient knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a given technical discipline (e.g., Cloud, artificial intelligence, etc.)
- Experience in observability such as white and black box monitoring, service level objective alerting, and telemetry collection using tools such as Grafana, Prometheus, Datadog, Splunk, and others
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools like Jenkins, GitLab, and Terraform
- Familiarity with container and container orchestration such as EKS, ECS, Kubernetes, Grafana and Docker
- Familiarity with troubleshooting common networking technologies and issues
- Ability to contribute to large and collaborative teams by presenting information in a logical and timely manner with compelling language and limited supervision
- Ability to proactively recognize road blocks and demonstrates interest in learning technology that facilitates innovation
- Ability to identify new technologies and relevant solutions to ensure design constraints are met by the software team
- Ability to initiate and implement ideas to solve business problems