Client Operations - Associate
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking to expand your career in investments? The Investment Middle Office (IMOS) acts as the Middle Office for our clients across a range of products, including but not limited to Listed Securities, Cash, ETDs, OTCs, Repos, Bank Loans and CFDs. IMOS deals with all stages of the lifecycle for each product from broker matching, management of the client’s custodial network, lifecycle events including corporate events, ensuring timely settlement of trades and cash, management of claims and overdrafts, client / regulatory reporting and input into the production of our Investment Book of Record delivery (IBOR).
As a Client Operations Associate in the Investment Middle Office team, you will be a point of contact within the Global/Regional IBOR team for a client, or clients, and internal partners to build strong relationships in order to support key interactions and continued premier service delivery. You will be be a communication source for escalation of issues, service updates, and progress updates for the Client or across internal partners.
- Participate and lead, where required, in client service reviews and other client meetings
- Ownership and/or oversight of the various components of the daily operational activities essential to the construction and delivery of client reporting (IBOR)
- Seek opportunities and take ownership of initiatives to improve service levels and improved efficiency for J.P. Morgan and the Client
- Maintain robust standard operating policies (SOPs), procedures and guidelines to meet corporate risk and control standards and principles
- Ownership and/or active participation of key projects or tasks to ensure the continued IMOS global strategy is maintained as required.
- Build solid and interactive internal relationships with our global operations partners, client service and other products, including Front Office, Performance & Risk, and Compliance teams
- Work with management to achieve 100% timeliness and accuracy and seamless integration in a ‘follow the sun’ model
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience across process, risk and control within Investment Operations (preferably, but not necessarily, Middle Office), including managing change.
- Excellent client facing skills & communication style, comfortable dealing with key clients
- Proven ability to lead teams across multiple locations
- Extensive understanding of OTC instruments / Exchange Traded Derivatives / Fixed Income Securities / Equity products and other financial instruments
- Attested track record of successfully working to deadlines, with accountability and responsibility for independent workload
- Experience of Investment Operations (Trades, Cash and Reconciliations); and experience in reconciliations and transaction lifecycle management
- Excellent problem solving skills to identify, understand and address operational and technical issues
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to develop relationships across the various stakeholders including senior business executives
- Ability to be flexible, follow and meet tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work and meet the clients expectations
- Self-starter with ability to learn quickly