Custody Operations – Asset Associate
Job Type: Full time
Global Custody Asset Servicing is responsible for managing all corporate and income related events across all asset classes for collections, announcement capture, corporate actions processing, income processing, proxy and controls, entitlement completion and payment processing, claims management,
As the Asset Associate in our Global Custody Asset Services and member of the Operational Readiness team, you will play a senior role in strategic implementations for the department, ensuring seamless technology rollouts to minimise risk to the department
- Manage the workflow through the life cycle of UK DCC Settlement and Physicals.
- Control of the daily workflow
- Ensure all daily controls and processing are completed and signed off, including client service inquiry resolution, cash and stock break, and event management, as well as all key metrics are produced as required
- Provide direction and leadership to the team & Contribute to the strategic development of asset servicing products
- Provide effective communications to the department, ensuring staff are aware of strategic and regulatory changes in the organization
- Review content and presentation of Standard Operating Procedures, in line with new policies and ongoing risk management activities
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Operational subject matter expertise in Reconciliation, Settlements, Trade Support, Asset Servicing, Risk and Control, and Custody
- Strong people management skills, ability to lead and motivate managers
- Strong ability to learn ongoing stream of new markets, products, and processes
- Strong risk and control awareness, including the ability to effectively prioritize workloads and work to critical deadlines
- Confident communicator in all mediums with both internal and external clients
- Strategic thinker, ability to review and implement process improvement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
Preferred qualifications, skills and capabilities
- Relevant degree education preferred, however, non-degree candidates with a proven track record in a similar role will be considered.
- Financial Services background would be preferred, ideally within a Custody or Investment Bank environment.
- Experience in Custody Operations with experience in Asset Servicing, Trades, Settlements etc
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Project Management skills