Securities Services - Product Development - Conversion Team Associate - Edinburgh
Job Type: Full time
The JPM EMEA Conversion Team is responsible for converting outside clients onto JPM platforms and designing/implementing processes and controls in support of all daily production requirements.
As part of this effort the team works to establish and maintain fund and account profiles in JPM’s accounting system (InvestOne), based on a combination of client instructions, fund prospectus information and legacy administration books and records. The team works directly with the client, client service representatives, technology, global hubs/utility groups and Onsite Operations teams to manage the overall conversion of daily fund accounting services within specified timeframes all the while, maintaining a high degree of client satisfaction.
This is an Associate level position based in our Edinburgh office.
- Strong knowledge of Fund Accounting to include General Ledger accounting (Trial Balance, Sub Ledgers, Balance sheet vs. Income statement). The ability to determine downstream impacts of complex fund events.
- Teamwork: Support team during conversions to include planning and testing prior to event.
- Flexibility – ability to work in a dynamic environment and accommodate changes in day-to-day workloads/requirements
- Proven reconciliation skills – ability to create ad-hoc reconciliations of external and internal Trial Balances, General Ledgers, Cash/Assets, etc.
- Weekend availability is expected at times.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- 5-10 years of experience in Mutual Fund Operations/Securities Services
- Have a thorough understanding of the theoretical and technical nature of mutual fund accounting and administration
- Strong technical skills including accounting principles and theories
- Ability to be effective in a global operating environment and a matrix management organizations with the ability to directly and indirectly manage team members
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and with external clients
- Analytical skills, problem solving, good critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Experience working across multiple business areas and/or functions to deliver results
- Relationship building skills - develop internal and external partnerships to drive results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; executive presentation skills
- Expert use of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and ability to present to senior management.