Principal Software Engineer, Digital Private Markets
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Provide expertise and engineering excellence to enhance, build and deliver market-leading technologies within the firm
If you are looking for a game-changing career, working for one of the world's leading financial institutions, you’ve come to the right place.
As a Java Principal Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase, you provide expertise and engineering excellence as an integral part of the Digital Private Markets team to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. Leverage your advanced technical capabilities and collaborate with colleagues across the organization to drive best-in-class outcomes across various technologies to support one or more of the firm’s portfolios.
- Creates complex and scalable coding frameworks using appropriate software design frameworks
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Advises cross-functional teams on technological matters within your domain of expertise
- Coordinates different lines of business on cloud migration initiatives
- Analyzes software product choices for different aspects of the business and developer experience
- Creates durable, reusable software frameworks that are leveraged across teams and functions
- Influences leaders and senior stakeholders across business, product, and technology teams
- Champions the firm’s culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training, or certification on software engineering concepts and expert applied experience. In addition, advanced experience leading technologists to manage, anticipate and solve complex technical items within your domain of expertise.
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Expert in one or more programming language(s) – Java preferred
- Expert in cloud technologies – AWS preferred
- Advanced knowledge of software application development and technical processes with considerable in-depth knowledge in one or more technical disciplines (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
- Experience applying expertise and new methods to determine solutions for complex technology problems in one or more technical disciplines
- Ability to present and effectively communicate with Senior Leaders and Executives
- Experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical field
- Experience leading technologists to manage, anticipate, and solve complex technological issues